US Pinoys for Good Governance
– Educate the Fil-Am communities about the principles and values of good governance.
– In close alliance with NGOs and media groups, promote good governance principles in the Philippines and encourage vigilance to protect the welfare of the Filipino people, look after the interest of those with less in life, and inspire the public servant to keep his oath to serve the country honestly.
– Encourage Filipinos who are US citizens to apply for and obtain dual citizenship.
– Encourage Filipinos to register and vote in the Philippine elections, and be a partner in the efforts to make the election process be available to every Filipino.
– Seek amendments to the Philippine Overseas Absentee Voting Law to eliminate all provisions that discourage overseas Filipinos from registering to vote.
– To present, promote and participate in just, sustainable and transformational projects of the government and non-governmental agencies that promote good governance, benefit the common good of the Filipino people and provide opportunities for empowerment and civic engagement.
A Philippines where the values of good governance, i.e., Consensus Oriented, Participatory, Following the Rule of Law, Effective and Efficient, Accountable, Transparent, Responsive, Equitable and Inclusive, are widely known, accepted, advocated and practiced, resulting in peace and prosperity for the country.
To learn more, go to http://www.usp4gg.org
Short URL: http://filamnation.com/?p=4562