Philipine Consular Outreach in San Diego August 23 & 24, 2014
A team from the Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles will conduct a Consular Outreach Program in San Diego, California on Saturday and Sunday, August 23 & 24, 2014, at the Council of the Philippine American Organizations of San Diego County, Inc. (COPAO) Center, 832 “E” Avenue, National City, CA 91950. Service Hours will be from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. The consular outreach program is being undertaken in cooperation with COPAO.
The following consular services will be rendered:
1. Applications for Electronic Passport (ePassport) (Cost: $60), to be returned to the applicant by mail at an additional cost of $6.
2. Applications for the retention and re-acquisition of Philippine citizenship pursuant to Republic Act 9225 or Dual Citizenship Law (Cost: $50). Oath-taking will be scheduled on the same day for qualified applicants.
3. Applications for Report of Marriage & Birth (Cost: $25) will be accepted but this will be processed in Los Angeles and returned to the applicant by mail at an additional cost of $6.
4. Application for Overseas Voting.
STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (by following the applicable scheduling steps below) AND WITH COMPLETED DOCUMENTS ONLY. NO WALK-IN APPLICANTS WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
Please indicate on application form – National City, CA Consular Outreach.
Appointment Scheduling Steps for ePassport Applicants
1. Visit the Philippine Consulate website (www.philippineconsulatela.org) to download and accomplish the ePassport application form; and,
2. No later than August 14, 2014 or until the Consulate receives 280 applications, whichever comes first, send an advance copy of the completed ePassport application form and data page (bearing the name and photo) of the expired or expiring passport to the Consulate (Attn: National City Outreach) by email: email@example.com. Thumbprints (if needed) and signature must be affixed and all pertinent data on the application form must be completed. INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
a. Personal appearance is required in all cases (including applicants who are 65 years old and above and minors who are below 18 years old).
b. Do not bring passport pictures. Passport pictures are to be taken by the Consulate.
c. The applicant must wear decent attire (no sleeveless and/or collarless attire) and without eyeglasses/colored contact lenses.
d. No facial piercings allowed.
Appointment Scheduling Steps for Dual Citizenship Applicants
1. Visit the Philippine Consulate website (www.philippineconsulatela.org) and print the Dual Citizenship Application form;
2. Complete the Dual Citizenship Application form; and,
3. No later than August 14, 2014, or until the Consulate receives 100 applications, whichever comes first, send an advance copy of the completed Dual Citizenship application form and supporting documents to the Consulate (Attn: National City Outreach) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Other than the thumbprint and photo which will be done on site, all pertinent data on the application form must be completed. Otherwise, incomplete forms will not be processed.
1. Oath-Taking will be scheduled on the same day for qualified applicants.
2. Applicants should take their oath as Dual Citizens in DECENT ATTIRE. The Consulate shall refuse oath-taking to applicants wearing inappropriate outfits such as sleeveless shirts, skimpy clothes, shorts, sandos or slippers.
Appointment Scheduling Steps for Report of Marriage (ROM) & Birth (ROB)
1. Visit the Philippine Consulate website (www.philippineconsulatela.org) and print the ROM or ROB form;
2. Complete the ROM or ROB form; and,
3. No later than August 14, 2014, send an advance copy (one set only) of the completed form and supporting documents to the Consulate (Attn: National City Outreach) by email: email@example.com.. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
Information FOR ALL APPLICANTS
The Consulate regularly updates the appointment schedule posted on the website upon receipt of completed applications. The final list of all applicants with confirmed appointment schedule will be posted at the Consulate’s website (www.philippineconsulatela.org) by August 20, 2014.
All applicants are required to PERSONALLY APPEAR during their appointment time for data verification, finger printing and photo/signature capture and must bring all original documents. All applicants are advised to transact their business directly with Consulate officials and not through travel agencies.
Fees must be paid in person at the scheduled appointment. The Consulate will only accept payments in cash, postal money order or cashier’s check. Personal checks will not be accepted. Payments should be paid directly to the collecting officer/cashier of the Consulate during the outreach program and inside the venue only. Please be informed that the Consulate has not authorized other people or entities to collect fees for all consular services rendered.
– ePassport: $60 processing fee + $6 for passports to be returned to the applicant by mail
– Dual Citizenship: $50 processing fee
– Civil Registry: $25 processing fee + $6 for documents to be returned to the applicant by mail
For information on consular matters, interested parties may contact the Consulate at 213-639-0980 (for passport applications), 213-637-3023 (for Reports of Birth/Marriage/Death & Legalization/Notarization of Documents), 213-637-3023 (for Dual-Citizenship) and (213) 637-3024 (for Overseas Absentee Voting). For information on the venue and similar details, contact Den Dominguez at 619-477-4090.
Public Relations, COPAO-San Diego
Tel # 619-477-4090
Short URL: http://filamnation.com/?p=31538